16.2.16

Evangeline Parish French Creole Heritage

That's it for me. It's been real. I used to talk about this subject on forums and with people and several found it annoying. Evangeline Parish has a strong French Creole heritage and a lot is not said about it. Some things have changed and Ville Platte has a Creole group and all that. Good stuff. But many people have no interest in that at all. Cajun and Acadiana are words used so much that it's part of the area now. The Acadiana flag is flown over Mamou even though Revon Reed said Evangeline Parish was French Creole and not Acadian. "Acadian" and "Cajun" go together. Every time you see a news story explaining, say for example, Cajun Mardi Gras or Cajun food, an explanation is given about the Acadian people. What the Hell ever. I know my history and family history and don't care much for a lot of pop culture crap. And that's it. I wanted a site to talk about that and a blog will stand alone as a site for reference use. All I got to do is check on it every now and then. I'll focus on my Mustang, my wife's Charger and my truck that drives to New Orleans and other Louisiana places. Thank you Google for your space.

Evangeline Parish French Creole Heritage

That's it for me. It's been real. I used to talk about this subject on forums and with people and several found it annoying. Evangel...