2.3.15

Old Heberts from L'Anse Grise

We went visit Mom and Dad yesterday.  Dad told me if his Dad were alive today he would be 121 years old.  That's a long time ago.  Then he said if his pepere were alive today he would be 190 years old.  I thought about it and then asked him to explain that a little.  Hypolite was 69 years old when Adan was born.  Adan was 49 when Dad was born.  I thought that was outrageous but Dad said it common back then.  People had a bunch of kids and of course nobody cared about birth control.  More kids the better. Hypolite was born in 1825.  Louisiana became part of America in 1812. My Hebert family goes way back into the 1700s Louisiana.  I wish I could find a recorder to play my Pepere Adan and Memere Elia's talking in French that Dad had recorded. Because that French goes way back in the L'Anse Grise area with few of newer influences.

I decided to stay all text from now on.  No more images, links or embedded material in my blog.  I much prefer that style.  I also changed the template default to the classic style because I felt that what I have is a personal style blog, not a magazine or news site.  And no more blogging from a phone.  I felt like I was falling into the Facebook style of doing things.  I even "tweeted" several times here because one sentence or two is what tweeting (micro-blogging) does.  I told Denise that we can write things down on paper and then I'll type them up later.  And of course, blog sober.  I was getting into a bad habit of posting something while lit up and then deleting it the next day when I thought about it.  No more of that.  I got upset at a site that was re-blogging my posts on their site but I emailed them and they took it down.  I didn't like that at all.  It was full posts displayed on their site.  And some were posts I had edited, deleted or saved to draft.  But they're cool and took it down. Merci beaucoup.  I was about to notify Google about that.  

Evangeline Parish French Creole Heritage

That's it for me. It's been real. I used to talk about this subject on forums and with people and several found it annoying. Evangel...