3.4.15

Pocking eggs, Planting Parsley and Eating Crawfish

Easter is here and it's one of my favorite holidays. It's a positive holiday and not too commercial like a lot of other ones. We'll celebrate this Sunday in Pine Prairie. My Texas wife and California daughter will pock with the Milans and Sopranos. I was reading some Internet and came across a good surprise. Prairie Femme has blogged some more stuff. Google that and her site has books she made and a lot of interesting stuff. But instead of leaving a comment on her blog, I'll blog a comment here. Drole, I guess, but, anyway, I read her post about the KVPI segment about not digging in the ground on Good Friday and parsley. She has the French recorded, written and translated. I asked Mom and Dad about the parsley and they knew about it. They said," mais, everybody knows that." Well, I guess all the older people, but not me. Yes, you prepare the parsley on Thursday because you can't on Good Friday. On the Friday, all you have to do is throw them in. You do that because they won't make flowers too soon and make it all useless. Great stuff. See her blog for another tradition mentioned. 

We'll probably get some crawfish tonight. Instead of boiling them we'll go down to Mud Bugs in Acadia parish and get our beer and crawfish there. We passed last night and asked about the prices. I can eat crawfish boiled and fried and that's it. I can't stand it smothered or gumbo, etc. We'll get some newspapers and spread them out on the porch. Put music on, drink beer and make a big tasty mess all over the place. 

Evangeline Parish French Creole Heritage

That's it for me. It's been real. I used to talk about this subject on forums and with people and several found it annoying. Evangel...