27.1.15

Tattoos and Blog Titles


I started blogging in 2006 to understand why Dad taught us to say we were Creoles and not Cajuns. I titled my blog CreoleCajun to emphasize the confusion. No hyphen was intentional. A made up word.

My tattoo was made several years earlier. I went to an artist in Pineville and he liked my design. He told me, I'm gonna hook you up. It was my second, my first being a solid fleur de lis. I got that one too there. Mystic Magic. Very cool place and good artists. They love symbolic stuff. Tribal and all that. 

I thought of this title but never used it. Always, I don't know, not sure. 

Used this title for some time. At first, it seemed perfect. But then I had doubts. 

I really thought of using this one. This was after no blogging for four years and talking to the Prairie Femme. Beaucoup influence. Understanding of Evangeline Parish. 

But I settled on dit Milan. It recognizes my reality and I can talk my talk about it. I was a sociology major at USL in Lafayette. But I changed and finished in Literature at NSU in Natchitoches. 

Now I'm a truck driver that enjoys blogging stuff because I've always enjoyed researching, thinking and writing. It's that simple. And having my title as my family name shows how I'm interested in the life I have. 


Evangeline Parish French Creole Heritage

That's it for me. It's been real. I used to talk about this subject on forums and with people and several found it annoying. Evangel...