26.6.15

Creole Families 2015 in Ville Platte

I don't use the Internet much anymore but will post stuff I find interesting. The Creole Festival will be July 12th in Ville Platte. I like the logo idea by John La Fleur. He sent me an image of it and I asked him about it. Graphics were done by his friend Diego River at www.diegorivera.tv  He said he was inspired by old French Colonial art depicting an "Indian Mother-Goddess" for Louisiana. The image is filled with references to Louisiana. The Creole flag and children represent Louisiana's diverse ethnic connections: French-Canadian, African and Spanish. He says "Louisiana is our cultural mother" and that should be the emphasis of celebrating the Creole culture around here. 

I think it's cool. Looks good. Makes sense and everybody is included. A single group is not singled out to represent everyone and to be used for marketing to the tourists and all that.  

That's it. I hope I put all the information right and if something is wrong it's my mistake. I did a little "tour" of Creole Louisiana today. I drove 190 to I-10 to New Orleans.  Delivered to two stops and then drove a big loop on 90 back to Eunice. Saw an alligator on side of road in deep bayou country. It's a cool run but there's no time to stop and look at everything. Now I'm tired and ready to relax.


Evangeline Parish French Creole Heritage

That's it for me. It's been real. I used to talk about this subject on forums and with people and several found it annoying. Evangel...