30.1.08

choque and grive

I see a lot of choques in the afternoon flying towards Miller's Lake. It's a pretty sight, seeing the birds fly in the sunset. I see and hear them at the Y and also when I pass on the platin road. I wonder where they go all day. I'm sure they eat in fields. A good friend told me that it's illegal to drive around country roads shooting choques from your truck window. So if you're thinking about drinking a few beers and driving around shooting birds from your window, don't. It's also illegal to shoot grives, those fat, reddish birds that practically want to get shot; they'll land a few feet away from you, as if they know they're protected.

I haven't been doing too much besides working at the boutique. I did get a new capot, which I like a lot. It's not heavy and it keeps me warm. My char made some strange sounds and that made my stress level rise. But the sounds stopped and now my char makes its normal rumbling-about-to-die sounds. I've watched several good portraits; Tristan and Isolde and 3:10 to Yuma being the best two. One of my favorite scenes in the medieval portrait was when Isolde took all of her wet clothes off, told her maid to do the same, and both femmes lay naked against Tristan to keep him warm, he was poisoned and dying. I thought that was a really sweet thing for Isolde to do. Isolde is a beautiful femme, and her maid ain't a bad looking catin.

Evangeline Parish French Creole Heritage

That's it for me. It's been real. I used to talk about this subject on forums and with people and several found it annoying. Evangel...