15.7.12

Bastille Day Honorarium


I was able to go to the Créole Honorarium.  It was a good turnout and I enjoyed it.  Articles covering it are not online yet but I’ll show links for it when they appear.  There were scholars, politicians and everyday people present.  Many came from Avoyelles and I learned that they are more comfortable with the French Creole label compared to us in Evangeline and St. Landry.  It’s probably due to the fact they are further away from the historic Acadian areas.  Evangeline and St. Landry are border parishes. 

I’m sure there are other reasons. They even mentioned rearranging the map of Acadiana so it would better reflect cultural and historic realities.  It was all good.  John LaFleur did a good job and I hope they all keep at it.  I’m placing links at the bottom of this post for related info.  I also visited the Courtableau House afterwards and I appreciated the invitation to the Honorarium reception.


Evangeline Parish French Creole Heritage

That's it for me. It's been real. I used to talk about this subject on forums and with people and several found it annoying. Evangel...